This topic contains definitions for a variety of terms that arise in this and related documents.
UML Specific Definitions:
· Actor — someone or something outside the system or business that interacts with the system or business.
· Use case — a use case defines a set of use-case instances, where each instance is a sequence of actions performed by the system that yields an observable result of value to a particular actor. A use-case class contains main as well as alternate flows of events related to producing the 'observable result of value'
· Use-case diagram — a diagram that shows the relationships among Definitions actors and use cases within a system.
· Use-case instance — a sequence of actions performed by a system that yields an observable result of value to a particular actor.
Domain Specific Definitions:
· Inventory – is a physical piece of metal (or pack of grain or coins) that is atomic (thus cannot be divided), measured in EA (each) and is stored within a Warehouse
· Warehouse – is a physical storage or a Vault that is a specially equipped premises that is used to store Inventory Definitions. Throughout this document the terms Warehouse, Vault and Site are used as synonyms.